Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days!
Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Our Rochester plant is apart of Kerry Ingredients & Flavours, a worldwide leader in the manufacturing of quality food ingredients. Our main facility totals over 71,000 sq ft and is comprised of office, laboratory, production, warehouse, maintenance and other utility areas. We specialize in fermentation, spray drying, and powder blending and packaging.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Indirectly Supervises: Contractors
2. ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates leadership in the areas of safety and environment. This requires observing and enforcing safety rules and practices, encouraging safe work behaviors, and promptly correcting conditions and unsafe behavior, which may lead to accidents.
Continually endorses the Quality Policy and assures conformance to all requirements of the Quality Management System for SQF 2000 certification.
3. GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Optimize, troubleshoot and maintain existing process control systems and write new programming in HMI and APT software for new applications. Manage process control hardware and software, instrumentation, and manufacturing equipment projects from conceptualization through specification, costing, procurement, installation, start-up, validation, and acceptance into manufacturing.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develops Process and Product Flow Diagrams, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, and specifications for the installation of equipment to support the manufacture of new products or to improve existing products and processes.
2. Oversees contractors in the installation of equipment to improve or modernize facilities and equipment that support new or existing product lines.
3. Writes and utilizes computer programs that control and/or interface with manufacturing processes. Programming requirements include relay ladder logic development using APT and human-machine interface screens using Intellution’s FIX software.
4. Develops and maintains process control program documentation.
5. Maintains drawings, spreadsheets, I/O lists, etc. for all control systems throughout the plant.
6. Assists in troubleshooting the production process to eliminate production losses due to contamination, equipment malfunction and human error.
7. Participates in process and equipment risk assessments in order to optimize engineering design and safety.
8. Completes regulatory licenses and permits following reporting instructions and submits reports as required.
9. Follows SQF 2000 guidelines. Writes and reviews Q-Set documents in the Quality Manual in Lotus Notes. Assures continuous quality improvement of our practices, procedures, and products.
10. Maintains the maintenance MVP Plant system through writing and assigning work orders and generating purchase order.
1. Establishes training documentation and trains team members on the correct use of process control systems.
Bachelors of Science degree in an Engineering discipline. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field with 2 years’ experience in the food/pharmaceutical industry serving in a technical support capacity will meet the minimum requirements
2-5 years in a similar setting is preferred.
Demonstrated leadership skills, a high level of motivation and the ability to work independently with a minimum of guidance from management. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required