Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days!
Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
•Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
•Empowering our people
•Promoting diverse thinking
•Investing in innovation
•Acting on sustainability
•Embracing our differences
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
If you are looking to join a company with exciting career advancement opportunities and cutting edge food processing technology, then Kerry is right for you! With over 45 plants across North America and actively growing, and with a wide product and customer portfolio, Kerry is one of the top organizations to work for. We are currently seeking a Director of Operations for our Meat Systems Business Unit. This position will be responsible for the leadership of manufacturing operations, including the safety, production efficiencies, quality, customer service, and financial performance of the Meat Business. This position will report to Vice President of Operations and will support multiple facilities across the Coatings and Seasonings plants within our business unit.
• Proven ability to grow direct reports through positive coaching and challenging expectations.
• Supports continuous improvement to ensure safety, quality, cost, and customer service goals are met.
• Creates and maintains an engaged and team oriented workforce to meet business demands
• Demonstrated success as a change agent & developing/implementing continuous improvement initiatives and accountability programs.
• Proven experience leading management team including, Plant Managers, Quality, Materials Management, Production, Maintenance, Warehouse & EHS.
• Proven track record of developing/assembling a team into a high functioning organization.
• Ability to understand OE, Quality and Financial reports, analyze, draw conclusions and develop improvement plans.
• Experience in a Union operation or Union avoidance experience preferred.
• Experience in a Smoke/Seasoning/Coatings/Food environment preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in plant management (multiple sites) showing continual progression in a multi shift operation required.
• Prior experience leading a business through an acquisition/expansion/major capital project.
• Degree in Engineering, Business Management, Supply Chain or a related field required.
• Engineering background such as Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering.
• Open to relocation from within US. Ability to adapt to the Kerry Culture.
• Proven ability to lead with the following key competencies: Strategic Thinking, Managing Change, Critical Thinking, Continuous Cost Focus, Technical Expertise, Influence and Delivery of Sustainable Results.
• Willing to travel 60% travel.