Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days!
Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
The QA Analyst is located in Calhoun, GA, and reports into the Quality Manager. This is a plant within our Meat division and is a non-union facility that runs 24/7. This position will be responsible for covering an off-shift to ensure we maintain 24/7 coverage.
The QA Analyst tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality, reliability, and safety of products. Conducts trending analysis and leads follow through on internal incidents to facilitate SPC control, ensure food safety, enable continuous improvement and production efficiency, and meet customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the identification and isolation of non-conforming materials as well as issuing hold orders as appropriate
• Initiate internal and customer related incidents investigation via a formal root cause analysis; engage all relevant functions in the investigation
• Monitor and enforce company and government regulations pertaining to Good Manufacturing Practices and sanitation requirements.
• Inspects rooms to ensure they are clean/sanitized and ready for production. Responsible for follow through with responsible parties in the event additional cleaning is needed.
• Assist in compiling quality and statistical data.
• Perform activities to transition to a Total Quality Management System (i.e. conduct projects that enable in line monitoring and training to food safety programs).
• Use the LIMS system for lab analysis and specification repository.
• Take part and and/or lead projects as assigned. (i.e. Quality Improvement Plan initiatives, customer related requests, etc.).
• Perform actions as required to promote a quality culture and engagement of production operators through inclusion in Quality analysis, root cause analysis, training and other related activities. Conduct training and presentations as needed. May include cross functional audience at various levels of responsibility.
• Perform EMP swab with potential for higher level involvement in the program.
• Gather and assess quality and statistical data through multiple software applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Inspects product to ensure it is made according to specifications.
• Ownership/lead Good Laboratory practices program.
• Performs all duties in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP requirements. Adheres to uniform requirements. Audits HACCP paperwork Adheres to all safety rules. Performs all other related duties as required.
• Potential to participate in customer, internal and other audits. Write and maintain documents in accordance with the Kerry Global Quality Management System as needed.
• Perform physical, chemical, and organoleptic evaluation using a variety of laboratory equipment.
• The successful candidate must have at minimum a BS degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field or equivalent experience in the field.
• 3+ years relevant quality experience preferred
Ability to work 6pm to 6am
• HACCP and SQF certifications are a plus but not required
• Experience working with Root Cause Analysis